There are several troubleshooting options you can try on your own, or you can call our Customer Support for assistance. These options include Rebooting your devices and bypassing your router.
Reboot Your Devices
Reboot your devices from the wall out. Each device is rebooted by powering it down for 30 seconds and then restarting it.
- Summit Broadband customers receive Internet through either an ONT or a Modem. If you have a modem, unplug the power cable from the back of the modem, then reconnect the power cable after 30 seconds.
NOTE: If you have an ONT, you should not attempt to reboot this device. Contact Summit Broadband Technical Support instead.
- If you have WiFi with your internet service, your ONT or Modem will be connected to a router. Reboot your router next by unplugging the power cable from the back of the modem, then reconnect the power cable after 30 seconds.
- After rebooting your modem and router, reboot your computer by following the shut down instructions. After 30 seconds, power the computer back up again.
This can resolve some Internet issues. If that doesn't help, customers with WiFi service from Summit Broadband can help determine if the problem is with the router by bypassing this device.
Bypass Your Router
To test if your Internet service is being interrupted by a problem with your router, you can bypass it. Do this by connecting an Ethernet Cable from the computer directly to the modem instead of connecting to the router or using your WiFi connection.
If your Internet service works when the computer is connected directly to the modem, then you know there is a problem with the router, and troubleshooting with the Summit Broadband Technical Support agent will be quicker.
Call Customer Support
If you still cannot access the Internet, contact us for assistance. Call us 24 x 7:
- From Central Florida, call 407.998.4611.
- From Southwest Florida, call 239.244.0242.