Google Home is a voice-controlled device powered by the Google Assistant. Google Home can stream music, connect to smart home technologies and browse the web for information on the weather, traffic, news and more.
Make sure you have the following system requirements before setting up your Google Home or Google Home Mini device:
- The latest version of the Google Home app
- The latest version of Google app (Android only)
- A Google account
- Access to a secure WiFi network
- An Android or iOS mobile device
NOTE: Your mobile device’s display language must be set to English (U.S.) to set up Google Home. This can be changed in your device’s settings menu.
Learn more about Google Home system requirements.
Setting Up Google Home
- Make sure your Google Home device is plugged into a power outlet and turned on.
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to your WiFi network.
- Download and open the Google Home app on your mobile device.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to connect your Google Home device to the Google Home app.
- When prompted, select Play Test Sound to confirm the connection is successful. Select I Heard the Sound to proceed.
- Assign your device to a room for easy identification.
- Choose the wireless network you'd like to connect your Google Home device to and enter your password.
- Once the connection has been established, select Continue to proceed.
- You’ll be prompted to sign in to your Google account. Follow the remaining onscreen instructions to complete setup.