Summit Broadband strives to provide you with an excellent customer experience – and that extends to home visits, whether they be for new service installations or for troubleshooting. That means you can expect a technician who is helpful, knowledgeable, and respectful to be there on time and ready to assist.
To ensure your technician visit is a success, please review the following:
- We recommend that you be present for your technician visit, but at a minimum, a person over the age of 18 years of age can act on your behalf. This person must provide a signed letter of consent from you stating permission to perform the work and a valid government ID (Driver’s License, Passport, State Issue ID).
- Please ensure the area where the TV, ONT or modem is accessible. The technician is unable to move furniture.
- Please ensure that pets are in a safe place, and away from where the technician needs to work.
Technicians are dispatched for both new service calls and troubleshooting calls in two-hour windows. Technicians may arrive anytime during that window, based on the time required for any prior appointments on their schedule.
For your convenience, you will receive a call from the technician once en route to your residence specifying an estimated time of arrival. When expecting a visit from one of our technicians please answer calls up to 30 minutes prior to your appointment window, even from unknown numbers.
When new services are requested, a technician will be dispatched to your home to install, verify, and test that the services you have requested are working correctly. Summit Broadband technicians will connect your computer, TV, and/or your phone to any equipment that you lease or purchase from Summit Broadband. They will also be there to explain any questions you may have about your service. An informational packet will be provided that includes additional information for your services.
NOTE: Summit Broadband technicians are only permitted to place and connect Summit Broadband equipment that we provide to your account. Our technicians are not permitted to do any of the following:
- Move furniture,
- Unbox, mount, or relocate new or existing TVs or other equipment,
- Connect additional peripheral devices such as game consoles, printers, DVD players, and other equipment.
Please consult the manufacturer's instructions for these devices to connect them to your TV or home network.
For troubleshooting calls, a technician will be dispatched to your home to verify the issue you are experiencing matches the trouble ticket issued by our Dispatch department. Then, the tech will work to diagnose and/or troubleshoot the issue, remaining in communication with our main office in order to rectify the issue you are experiencing as quickly and smoothly as possible.