This article provides information to reboot your modem in addition to your other devices. Additional Internet troubleshooting steps can be found in our troubleshooting Internet service article.
Reboot Your Devices from the Wall Out
For best results, reboot your devices from the wall out.
- Reboot the modem first.
- Unplug the modem.
- After 30 seconds, plug the modem back in. The lights will begin to flash during the reboot sequence.
- Once the modem is rebooted, move to the next device.
- Next reboot the wireless router (if you have one).
- Unplug the router.
- After 30 seconds, plug the router back in. The lights will begin to flash during the reboot sequence.
- Once the router is rebooted, move to the next device.
- Finally reboot the computer or laptop plugged into the router or modem.
Contact Customer Support
If you still cannot access the Internet, contact us for assistance. Be sure to tell the representative what troubleshooting steps you have already tried.