The new Customer Portal allows you to reschedule your own appointments. It's faster and easier than calling in and waiting on hold for an Advocate to assist you, and you can see exactly the same install time slots that Dispatchers can see in real time.
- Log into the customer portal. Click here for help on logging in.
- From the dashboard select My Orders in the left margin or View Open Cases in the Open Orders & Cases tile.
- Select the appointment you want to reschedule (it's unusual to have more than one) and click View Details.
- The Appointment Detail window shows the Order Number, the currently scheduled date and job type, and any additional comments your Customer Advocate added to the order. To choose a new or sooner date, click Reschedule Appointment.
- On the scheduling calendar, the Available dates will be dark blue, while unavailable dates are grayed out. A few things to remember:
- The portal will always automatically select the first available date, which may be sooner or later than your originally scheduled date/time.
- You can manually adjust the date and time slot using the calendar and Available Times list.
- You can add Additional Comments to your order.
NOTE: Comments are only saved if you choose a new time slot. If you use the Go Back function, your added comments won't be captured.
- Only time slots with technician availability will be displayed. If a time slot or date is not displayed, it means all technicians already have a full slate of jobs for that date/time and you will need to choose a different one.
- If none of the sooner available time slots is convenient for you, click Go Back, and your original appointment date/time will remain reserved.
- Once you select a time slot you prefer, click Reschedule Order.
- The system will confirm and assign you the new date/time. Click OK to clear the message box.
In this instance, the customer logged into the portal with a scheduled date of August 14, and was able to move their appointment up to August 9. That begs the question...
Why Can the Portal Give Me a Sooner Date?
When you call the Contact Center to schedule an appointment, many factors determine what time slots are available to the Advocate to schedule an appointment. Between the time you order and the time you access the portal, there could be additional technicians added to a route, other customers canceling or changing their appointments, and other factors that make sooner appointments available after you place your initial order.
And your schedule can change as well. Perhaps you anticipated being away for vacation or business but your plans changed, so you are available sooner than you previously thought. The portal may be able to help you find a sooner date and time to schedule your Summit Broadband service installation or trouble call.