Yes, but we highly recommend you secure the router. We don’t offer technical support to configure your own router, but we recommend you do take the following steps to ensure the highest security and best connection for your wireless network.
- Never use wireless and a hardline connection from your computer at the same time. Use one and disable/disconnect the other.
- Plug your router or other device into the port marked for Ethernet, internet, Uplink, WAN, or Modem access, NOT the numbered ports (if your router has them). Numbered ports are for computers or other devices, not the wall jack or DSL modem.
- The basic steps to secure your wireless router are:
- Change the SSID to uniquely identify your router.
- Change the administrator’s password on your router.
- Use encryption to protect your router and the information coming off it. This is very important. If you are going to do only one thing, this is it. Do not use WEP. We suggest you use WPA or better.
- Use MAC address filtering.